Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Double Back-Scratch-Marketing Boost (Short Message)


 I'm going to get right to it:

I’m willing to swap e-book purchases to improve sluggish ranks (never done it before). I have a new erotic romance/thriller that just hit and it’s lagging a bit—enormous genre size. I also missed my pre-order. I know that most of you are writers and might be going through the same trepidation I am. It is a little more brutal out there than I've ever seen it. If you've gone from feeling like you were a guppy in a lake, you just might be a smelt in the ocean now, that's if you've noticed something amiss like lack of sales and reviews.

I like science fiction, fantasy, horror, thrillers, young adult, paranormal and romance. If you’re interested, see below. I have to warn you, my book is kind of flaming hot in places. A pixel princess double-dog-dared me to write a contemporary romance. She said every book I wrote was gooshy sweet. I guffawed and agreed. Then she said, "I triple-dog-dare-ya to write an erotic one." I had to hit the books for that. My agent took hold of it when it was finished and told me what I had here was good, even great, but it was a romantic comedy. I thought I'd screwed the sex scenes up and embarrassed myself--I believed it was an erotic romance. My publisher said it was a romantic thriller--cut, edit print and fade to black. Yeah, we bashed heads. It got done, though. 

Before I had any notion about swapping buys with electronic author buds, I invested in ads for the first time in 28 years. Several FB boosts, the monthly Twitter run and the Smart Bitches--Trashy books monthly package. 

This is Guerrilla Warfare for Writers. You would think the Warrior on point would know the right direction and what the hell he was doing. Major fail. Nothing worked. That's the writing life.

Comment to me on here or take the discrete route and email me at: stevenson_333@msn.com

Red-shifting outta here... 

Chris


No comments:

Post a Comment